This was a delicious treat. Tiles and dials.
Built sometime around WW1, this rotting building contained a sci-fi scene of old dusty relic machinery.
The steel plant in Charleroi has had a number of power stations over the years. Possibly the earliest to be erected on the site is still there, and is a fine example of early installations at steelworks, featuring two turbine generators and a corresponding pair of rotary converters.
The turbine alternators produced AC electricity, however in the early 1900s much of the machinery at the time required DC current to operate. Steel mills in particular required large amounts of on-site DC power for their main roll drive motors, so rotary converters such as those in this power station were employed. Rotary converters were phased out around 1930 due to the emergence of mercury arc rectifiers. This means, as is also clear from the aesthetic design, the machinery can be dated to somewhere between 1904 (when their manufacturer ACEC was formed) to 1930.